Jolly Rancher hard candy is artificially flavored SUGAR manufactured in Canada for the Hershey Food Corporation. It took the manufacturer even lesser to formulate this candy than what it took Zachary Confection to make their fake “cherry” slices. This time they were able to get away without food starch. One nutrient less! What they have left to Americans were only two nutrients. They take cheap SUGAR, dilute it with even cheaper CORN SYRUP, add artificial colors and sell it to YOU for BIG bucks under the fruity names! This is another
Fruit Fraud: Chemicals for your child
DyeDiet Doesn’t Buy It!
Fake apple, fake blue raspberry, fake cherry, fake watermelon and fake grape. Jolly Rancher candies are nothing but SUGAR colored with health-damaging artificial colors: azo dyes and an aniline dye. While it is IMMORAL for the anonymous Canadian manufacturer and the Hershey to concoct and sell pieces of chemically dyed sugar under the fruity names, it is OUR responsibility to prevent them from being a part of OUR children’s diet.
The amount of the artificial colors in the candy is significantly less than what you can eat with a dried papaya or mango, but chronic exposure to biochemically foreign chemicals is NOT what you want. This is the “dye diet” which will cause bad health consequences.
Food manufacturers egregiously exploit nice pictures and names of real fruits to fool you into buying their artificially dyed sugars (read a document Food marketing to children and youth overview). INDEED, REFINED WHITE SUGAR IS HEALTHIER THAN JOLLY RANCHER CANDY! But real fruits is the best alternative for you and your kids.
The deeper I sink into researching of the US food market the more I feel puzzled by the questions:
- Why the quality of food has degraded so badly in this country?
- Why American people allow the food industry to play nasty pranks so that the health of the nation is in danger?
According to the Feingold Association (watch quick video about a link between food additives and health problems) 50-60 years ago the quality of food in America was much higher. So WHERE the degradation is coming from? I see TWO main reasons:
- Greed of the food industry and
- Massive ignorance of the consumers.
Here are some facts quoted from the USDA and USDHHS docuiment Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010:
- Nearly 24 million people—almost 11 percent of the population—ages 20 years and older have diabetes. The vast majority of cases are type 2 diabetes, which is heavily influenced by diet and physical activity.
- About 78 million Americans—35 percent of the U.S. adult population ages 20 years or older—have pre-diabetes. Pre-diabetes (also called impaired glucose tolerance or impaired fasting glucose) means that blood glucose levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be called diabetes.
- Almost one in two men and women—approximately 41 percent of the population—will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime.
People, you better wake up to the reality before you find yourself and your children terminally ill. DyeDiet does its best to help you opening your eyes. The Dye Diet Calculator is another tool which may help.
Stop supporting destructive Fruit Fraud: do NOT buy it!
Protect your and your children’s health,
Eat food, not food additives!
Stop following the chemical ”dye diet,”